urbanmonklife

please imagine some really well worded disclaimer that explains anything i've written in a really acceptable way,

Monday, November 07, 2005

blue sky and sunshine,
perfect for trying to fix databases.

interested to have picked up some rumours of 'critiques' of urban monks.

apparantly urban monks are people who never do anything but clothe it all in interesting sounding language to justify themselves.

maybe?
'urban monks' have perhaps no standardisation.. but I for one, would say that I believe in working hard but not too hard. Some of the things I would value are not traditionally respected by society as worthy of a wage. But I believe in working to earn my food, and definitly in working to make a contribution to society.
And as for language, it's all exploratory, trying to find the good elements in the theme; the 'monk language' is not the point, I just think it's got valuable stuff buried in it somewhere, that I'm trying to discover.

But if I've missed the really cutting bit of this critique or if anyone has any better ones, critiques are always welcome (so long as your underlying motive is to look for the good in the world).
Comments/Complaints/Suggestions box.

what is an urban monk anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home